As this is a group practice you may consult any of the doctors but it is in your interest to stay with one doctor for each period of illness. Routine appointments may be made in advance (maximum four weeks) which will enable us to offer you a time more suitable for your requirements.
The doctors offer routine telephone consultations for instances which do not require a physical examination. All consultations are by appointment and these can be made by telephoning 01375 480000 or coming into the surgery.
In order to make the best use of a clinician’s time you may be asked some questions when you are making the appointment. This is so we can offer you a consultation with the most appropriate person to deal with your condition (ie doctor or practice nurse).
Please remember that an appointment is for one patient only. If you cannot keep your appointment, kindly let us know as another patient will always take advantage of your cancellation.
- Due to an increase in the number of wasted appointments through patients failing to attend without informing the surgery, it has become necessary to implement the following policy:
- "If you fail to attend 2 appointments over a 6 month period the Practice will write to you asking if there are any specific problems preventing you from letting us know. If you fail to attend for a 3rd appointment you will be asked to speak to the Practice Manager and you may be removed from the list and have to find an alternative Practice. Failure to respond to any of the above will result in possible removal from the Practice list."
- Please ensure you cancel appointments where necessary. If you cannot attend your appointment for any reason please let us know as soon as possible (or click here) as this can be used by other patients and helps to reduce the overall waiting time for routine appointments.
- During February there were 130 missed appointments where patients did not attend or cancel booked appointments. This equates to 31 hours or 1 doctor not seeing patients for 4 days .
Thank you for your cooperation of this matter.
In July 2017 the Practice conducted a review of the appointments system and a new more simplified system was agreed. This was implemented from September 2017 and then reviewed after 6 weeks when it was agreed to continue. The appointments system will of course be reviewed regularly.
Every day the doctors’ sessions will consist of a number of Routine appointments* and a number of Emergency appointments. Requests for emergency appointments will be triaged by a Doctor who will then book an appropriate appointment. Requests for afternoon Emergency appointments should be made after 11am on the day.
Routine appointments can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance (by telephone, in person or using the PatientOnline service).
* At times when we have limited Doctors in attendance (ie school holidays) Routine appointments may not be available and all appointments will need to be made on the day.
We always appreciate feedback from patients and if you wish to comment please do so using the Suggestions box in Reception.
Appointments at other locations
Extra GP and Nurse appointments are available at a number of Hubs within Thurrock. Hubs are open 7pm-9pm every weekday and 9am-12pm at weekends. Appointments are for routine and urgent matters and are booked by contacting this surgery during normal hours or via NHS 111 outside of our normal hours.
Weekend GP and Nurse Services
You can now see a GP or practice nurse on the weekend following the launch of the Thurrock Health Hubs. Each of the hubs has a single GP and nurse, seeing patients.
The Health Hub for our area is located in
Thurrock Community Hospital,
Open between 9.15am and 12.30pm.
All visits are by appointment only and these are booked through Chafford Hundred Medical Centre as usual. For more information, visit the hubs’ page on the Thurrock CCG website. Click here to view Thurrock Health Hubs Update.
If you are confronted by a serious problem such as severe chest pain or severe bleeding call an ambulance (999) before calling the surgery.
Minor Injuries Unit
The unit is able to examine and treat 'walking wounded' patients and have x-ray facilities for limb injuries (over 7 years old only ).
The closest Minor Injuries Unit is at
Telephone 01268 592300. - If you are in any doubt telephone the unit for advice.